Organisation

The Flood museum is a charity headed by general director Siemco Louwerse and operational manager Lianne Kooiman.

They are supported by:
Corrie Vijverberg, coordinator (group) bookings
Jeanne Kooman (volunteer), mentor volunteers
Carolien ten Wolde and Marjolein Bokma, officemanagers
Yolanda Langendoen, Wily van der Post en Corien van Veen, facilities employees
Liza de Bie, Johan van Dijk, Bastiaan Bot en Eelco Kramer, project employees
Mike van den Beemt, IT

There are more than 100 volunteers working for the museum. They are host/hostess, help behind the counter, help in the shop or in the coffee corner, take care of registration and archiving, maintain the picture archives and the photo books or have educational tasks.

The organisation of the museum is directed by the foundation National Monument Flood 1953, ‘Nationaal Monument Watersnood 1953’.

The foundation’s board exists of:
Karla Peijs, Harmelen (chairman)
Hermineke van Bockxmeer, Nootdorp (general board member)
Joop Roes, Renesse (treasurer)
Eva Kuit, Bruinisse (general board member)
Rein van der Kluit, Middelburg (general board member)
Job van der Sande, Alkmaar (general board member)
Hein van der Loo, Rotterdam (general board member)

Charity ‘Vrienden van het Watersnoodmuseum’

This is an independent charity. If you want to know more, contact the secretary, Dim Mooijaart: vrienden@watersnoodmuseum.nl

Memberships and collaboration
The Flood museum is a member of the ‘Nederlandse Museumvereniging’, ‘Erfgoed Nederland’, ‘de Vereniging van Zeeuwse Musea’ and ‘Vereniging Musea Schouwen-Duiveland’. The Flood museum is a registered museum from the first of January 2009 onwards.

They keep in touch with organizations all over the world about water disasters that have taken place there, for example, in the east of England and Louisiana (USA). After hurricane Katrina (the 29th of August 2005), the State Museum in New Orleans has signed a Memorandum of Understanding for mutual collaboration. There is also a collaboration with the Tsunami Photo Museum in Telwatta, south Sri Lanka.